The BREEF Program
The State of Victoria has released their $31 million Business Recovery Energy Efficiency Fund (BREEF) which aims to provide simultaneous grant funding to businesses for both capital works and energy demand management technologies.
The objectives of the Program are to:
- increase energy productivity and reduce energy costs for Victoria’s large energy users
- accelerate the uptake of innovative energy efficiency and demand management technologies in the Victorian industrial and commercial sectors and participation in demand-side opportunities
- create jobs through the implementation of equipment, systems and process upgrades that manage energy costs, supporting new sustainable employment.
Who can apply?
In addition to meeting the Program objectives, eligible organisations must:
- operate in Victoria
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have a site using over 40 megawatt-hours (MWh) of electricity or over 1 terajoule (TJ) of gas per year, demonstrated by 12 months’ worth of energy bills or meter data, or evidence from their energy provider, representing pre-COVID-19 usage.
For more details, please visit this website.
What is the deadline to apply?
You will have to act quickly. Applications for both Capital Works and Energy Demand Management grants close on these dates:
- Phase 1: 2pm, Thursday 31 December 2020
- Phase 2: 2pm, Sunday 31 January 2021
How can we help?
If you think your business could benefit from this Program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patrick at 0408 413 597. Please include the following details:
- Name and address of your business
- Describe your main business activity
- Your contact details
- How much you spend on energy in a year
- Two recent bills for electricity and gas, if applicable
100% Renewables are experts in helping organisations develop their climate action strategies and plans, and supporting the implementation and achievement of ambitious targets. If you need help to develop your Climate Change Strategy, please contact Barbara or Patrick.
Feel free to use an excerpt of this blog on your own site, newsletter, blog, etc. Just send us a copy or link and include the following text at the end of the excerpt: “This content is reprinted from 100% Renewables Pty Ltd’s blog.